Reviews Section

Home Forums General / Music Reviews Section

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  allshallperish 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

goldenphoenix1
    Participant

KYS has been on my home page for awhile, easily the quickest way to catchup on what is going on in a relatively niche sector of music in Australia.

I don’t know about most of the users on kys, but i tend to give the reviews on the site a pretty hefty weighting in my decisions whether or not to listen/download for free/buy albums, unless i’ve followed a band through the stages before the release.
    I really thought Cam’s review of Controller was one of the best i’ve read, of a band i hadn’t really given the time to listen to, but now, absolutely worship.

Over the course of the year there hasn’t really been a standout release at all, some over-hyped albums that were reviewed fairly liberally on kys, cease to be long-lifers, and some standouts not getting 95+’s…
    I understand that people have to set time out to listen to albums, some of which are going to be absolutely shit-house, and i wouldn’t want to do it myself. I just think some reviews in particular seem like they haven’t really had thought put into them, and that the words are typed as if their effects are minimal, to the point where i pretty much don’t read the reviews at all, judging purely on user comments or score.

Not sure what i hoped to get out of this, seeing as it is kys-forums. Just hoping for a good review sometime down the track to make me buy/stop buying a release.

/grindsmygears

Moshiach

reviews are retarded, why not just fucking listen to the band yourself? It bottles my mind…

Paully
    Participant

would never balance my decision on a band on a review.
    rather spend the time just straight up listening. who cares what others think?

nafe
    Participant

@Moshiach wrote:

It bottles my mind…

:shock:

jakethesecondsnake
    Participant

@nafe wrote:

@Moshiach wrote:
    It bottles my mind…

:shock:

Moshiach

morans

Mr Marvel Galer
    Participant

I used to love this game.

allshallperish
    Participant

I need to write more reviews

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.